Please log in.
You've tried to access member-only content. If you are a member, please enter your login details to access all our site content.
Problems logging in?
If you are having problems logging in or are unsure if you are a member, please call:
020 7803 0689
Not a member? Join now!
Check out our member benefits by clicking here
Logging in for the first time?
If you are from a member organisation and are logging in for the first time, please click here to create a personal account.
The Level 6 Programme
Accredited at Level 6 qualification standard through the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), successful completion of the programme results in a Certificate in Leadership and Management from the CMI, rated in academic terms as being comparable to a Bachelors degree, PGCE or Graduate Diploma. Delegates are also awarded an “Inclusive Employers Certificate” at an annual awards ceremony.
This qualification supports the development of the role and skills of colleagues working in senior roles in Inclusion and Diversity and Organisational Development. It develops their skills and understanding in relation to inclusive management capabilities, effective decision making using the data available, implementing strategies, action plans and initiatives that will foster an inclusive, diverse and developmental workplace culture.
The programme offers significant learning and development opportunities for delegates and an opportunity to demonstrate expertise via qualification as well as practice.
Are there any entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this course although we will ensure that learners have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment. We suggest that you ask yourself the following questions, and if the answers are generally “yes” then you are operating at the right level for the course and will be accepted on to it.
- involved at a senior and or strategic level within your organisation, at least be involved in developing strategy and have influence in or on it
- able to have access and be familiar with all your organisational policies and procedures and if necessary update and amend areas for development if identified
- in a position where you can evaluate your organisations commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- able to comment on how well your organisation communicates its Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Policies
- able to access to HR information that will provide you with the relevant guidance regarding Diversity and Inclusion within your own organisation
How does this course relate to other CMI level 6 qualifications?
This qualification is made up of two “units” selected from the wider menu of Management and Leadership.
- Leading Equality and Diversity (Unit 6004V1)
- Managing Organisational Culture (Unit 6001V1).
Each unit is worth 7 credits and successful completion will result in the achievement of the Certificate in Leadership and Management (14 credits).
How much time will this involve?
The CMI stipulates a “total qualification time” (TQT), which is an estimate of the number of hours that could reasonably be expected to be required. The TQT for the certificate is 140 hours minimum.
This will be made up of:
- 35 hours (5 days) guided learning over a 6 month period. This will not be 5 continuous days, but will be delivered in three blocks (2 days, 2 days and 1 day).
- 7 hours guidance or supervision, which could include telephone supervision sessions, action learning activity, webinars, Inclusive Employers events.
- 98 hours individual study, which could include reading, researching, field trip visits or placements at other inclusive employers within our network, completion of assignment
Where will the course be delivered?
Is it possible to run a programme in house for one of our teams?
Yes, for further details please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How will I be assessed?
There are no exams but you will need to complete two evidence booklets (one for each unit) that are made up of a number of written assignments for assessment totaling approximately 2500 – 3000 words each.
What resources will I have access to?
A complete online library of comprehensive and up to date material that supports learning through the CMI Management Direct Learning Platform.
Will I receive membership of the CMI or Inclusive Employers?
Whilst studying, you will receive free affiliate membership of the CMI and, if your employer does not hold membership already, you can also access a wide range of resources and information from Inclusive Employers.
What does the course content include?
The CMI requirement is as follows:
- Understand the commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity
- Be able to conduct the application of equality of opportunity and diversity
- Understand the needs of others in relation to equality of opportunity and diversity
- Understand how organisational culture can impact on organisational behaviour
- Understand the relationship between organisational culture, strategy and performance
- Understand techniques of culture development
In addition this content would be supplemented with:
- Understanding and evidencing the commercial drivers for inclusion
- Understanding the needs and techniques to develop sustainable inclusion strategies
- Understand global inclusion issues and cultural diversity within organisations Inclusion evaluation methods
- Understand innovative techniques of Inclusive behaviour, behaviour change, decision making
- Culture Change Strategies
How much will the course cost?
£1,995 (+VAT). Inclusive Employers members receive a 10% discount on this cost
For information about dates and venues of forthcoming courses, and to book a place, please email email@example.com
What if I have more questions?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or to request a call back.