Please log in.
You've tried to access member-only content. If you are a member, please enter your login details to access all our site content.
Problems logging in?
If you are having problems logging in or are unsure if you are a member, please call:
020 7803 0689
Not a member? Join now!
Check out our member benefits by clicking here
Logging in for the first time?
If you are from a member organisation and are logging in for the first time, please click here to create a personal account.
Why participate in the standard?
- It provides a tool for structuring your inclusion strategy/activities which is relevant to your organisation, not driven by external criteria
- It helps you understand in practical terms what you need to do to get better and the strengths and weaknesses of current activity, steering you to develop an action plan
- It is comprehensive in that it covers all the protected characteristics, streamlining your involvement in other benchmarking exercises/standards
- It is light touch in terms of the resource required for completion, so it can realistically be combined with other tools if needed
- It is very structured and criteria based, reducing possible subjectivity in the assessment process
- It provides an opportunity to share and receive evidence-based best practice
- It provides a mechanism for rewarding and enhancing progress, productivity and innovation
- It addresses the Specific Duties of public bodies
- It helps to demonstrate to staff that inclusion is being taken seriously
- It provides an opportunity to celebrate your progress and share your accreditation status with your customers and stakeholders to demonstrate your commitment to inclusion