Inclusion and Diversity Qualifications
At Inclusive Employers, we want to enable budding inclusioneers to truly progress their careers in inclusion and diversity. In 2017, we teamed up with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to provide our own set of Inclusion and Diversity Qualifications. Whether you’re a Network Lead, an Inclusion Ally or focused on inclusion strategy we have the learning solution for you. Read on to find out more!
At Inclusive Employers, we’ve seen many colleagues and clients naturally progress into inclusion and diversity roles through HR, recruitment and L&D, but just as often people tend to do inclusion and diversity, “off the side of their desk.” No matter the career path, we’ve always heard the same questions: How do I progress my career in inclusion and diversity? What sort of qualifications do I need? How can I prove I can do what I do!?
In 2017, we decided that we wanted to answer these questions and enable budding inclusioneers to consolidate and enhance their knowledge, skills and expertise. The solution: we teamed up with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) to provide our own set of Inclusion and Diversity Qualifications.
Our Level 4 Inclusion Qualification is for aspiring Inclusion Champions: you might be a Network Lead, ally or simply have a passion for inclusion and learning more! This course comprises one module, Promoting Equality and Diversity, and lasts two days.
Our Level 6 Inclusion Qualification is aimed at those with a more strategic focus on inclusion and diversity. You are directing strategy, setting agendas and aiming to influence your organisation both at the grassroots and exec board level. This course lasts five days and is made up of two modules: Leading Equality and Diversity; and Managing Organisational Culture.
Which Inclusion and Diversity Qualification is right for me?
Level 4 Inclusion and Diversity Qualification
Our Level 4 Award in Inclusion looks at the business case: why is inclusion so important? There will be an overview of legislation, looking at the Equality Act and the protected characteristics.
Together we’ll examine procedures and processes behind induction, discipline, grievance and redundancy and explore unconscious bias and inclusive language. We’ll look at culture development opportunities, staff networks and action planning. Finishing off with a session of data and benchmarking. After completing the Level 4 Inclusion Qualification you will feel confident championing inclusion at a higher level and empowered to challenge non-inclusive behaviours in the right way.
To enrol and for more information about our Level 4 Inclusion and Diversity Qualification, which is currently being delivered online, email email@example.com. We’re looking forward to learning together.
The Level 4 course is £899+VAT for virtual training, materials and support.
Level 6 Inclusion and Diversity Qualification
The Level 6 Certificate in Inclusion investigates the business case for inclusion in more detail: what does it really mean for your organisation to make inclusion an everyday reality and why does it really matter?
You will complete the qualification with the confidence, knowledge and drive to embed inclusion into your organisation, deep diving into important topics including:
- Inclusion maturity: What barriers do you face in progressing this in your organisation – policies, procedures, individuals? – and what action can you take to overcome this;
- The Equality Act 2010 legislation, discrimination, harassment and victimisation;
- Positive action, the tie breaker clause and vicarious liability;
- Benchmarks and accreditations: which ones will work for you and why;
- Equality, diversity and inclusion governance structure: what works and what doesn’t;
- Unconscious biases: where might they slip into your organisation’s processes and the negative impact this can have if they’re not discussed and reduced;
- Quantitative or qualitative data;
- Equality analyses: how should we be doing them and what damage could be caused if we don’t?
- The concept of organisational culture: what does it mean for your organisation and what can influence it? What tools can you use to identify and develop culture and how can you resolve conflicts with organisational values;
- What makes a good strategy? How can this be effectively communicated;
- Leadership theory and models;
- What is national culture and how does it affect our employees and organisations;
- What about global inclusion and leadership styles outside of the UK? We’ll also look at supply chain diversity and what organisations are doing to widen participation from minority owned suppliers.
We’ll finish the five days off with some real-life action learning in which we’ll problem solve real life urgent issues within your workforce. This course is exploratory, interactive and designed to ensure you are equipped to engage your organisation in inclusion and create meaningful cultural change.
To enrol and for more information about our Level 6 Inclusion and Diversity Qualification, which is currently being delivered online, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to learning together.
The Level 6 course is £1995 + VAT for 5 days of virtual training, materials and support.