Banter and Bullying
Truly inclusive workplaces need clear, set standards of behaviour, where employers enable all their staff to thrive and perform at their best.
Banter and Bullying Training: Why You Need it
Truly inclusive workplaces need clear, set standards of behaviour, where employers enable all their staff to thrive and perform at their best. Where this is not in place employers are at risk of expensive, time consuming and reputationally damaging Employment Tribunal claims.
It is risky to assume that everyone understands how to behave at work: harmless banter can escalate to harmful banter, bullying and even harassment and discrimination, if not dealt with. Employers are legally responsible for the actions of their staff, which is a serious reason to consider banter and bullying training. Employee training minimises risk offsets vicarious liability. There is no financial ceiling to successful Employment Tribunal claims.
The positive benefits of banter and bullying training go beyond meeting your legal obligations. Setting standards around behaviour, language and fun at work are key to establishing inclusive cultures, understanding difference and giving people a voice if they feel excluded.
Banter and Bullying Training: What You Will Learn
Whether your organisation needs general awareness Banter and Bullying training or support targeting a specific problem, we have a range of content to meet your specific needs. Our training is based on achieving these learning outcomes:
- Understanding the legal framework: discrimination and harassment, including definitions and caselaw, risk and responsibility;
- The impact of effect over intent;
- Why it remains important to have fun at work – it improves performance! –
- but knowing where to draw the line on banter;
- Strategies to call out rather than standby: challenging and reporting unacceptable behaviour and what support is available from within your organisation to enable this;
- Managers guidance on dealing with subtle behaviours before they escalate, through to more overt and obvious problems in the moment and within policy.
Banter and Bullying Training: Who Will Benefit
This adaptable programme of interventions is essential knowledge for anyone in a supervisory, managerial, leadership role and members of any team.
Banter and Bullying Training: What is Our Approach
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our trainings is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisations purpose, values and frameworks. To discuss how we can work together to deliver Banter and Bullying training within your organisation contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 803 0689.
Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital; eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time
- Face-to-face; learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options
- Drama-based learning; creating live action in your organisation giving you the opportunity to explore real scenarios and develop your understanding and skills.