Neurodiversity refers to the natural range of differences in human brain function. We all have different brains, different ways of thinking and behaving.
Neurodiversity: Why You Need it
Neurodiversity refers to the natural range of differences in human brain function. We all have different brains, different ways of thinking and behaving. For some individuals within your organisation, that way of thinking may come with a label, ‘dyslexic’ for example, but those without a label are unique in their approach too. To build a truly inclusive culture in your organisation you need to consider, and allow for, how every individual accesses, and can thrive in, the workplace. Understanding neurodiversity is the key to enabling this.
Neurodiversity: What You Will Learn
Inclusive Employers have designed this training to cover a wide range of information about neurodiversity and it is packed with practical advice and tools to help you ensure that your organisation is inclusive of neurodivergent people. It will draw from the following learning outcomes:
- Challenge misconceptions and myths about neurodiversity;
- Develop an understanding of what is meant by neurodiversity including information about ADHD, autism, dyslexia, Asperger’s Syndrome and dyspraxia;
- Identify policies and practices which help neurodiverse people to flourish in the workplace and create a culture which values thinking differently;
- Adjustments that can be made to ways of work, environment, technology and communication to make your workplace a neurodiversity inclusive.
Neurodiversity: Who Will Benefit
Inclusive Employers Neurodiversity training will benefit anyone interested in learning more about disability and neurodiversity. It is especially relevant if you are a lead in D&I, recruitment or HR.
Neurodiversity: What is Our Approach
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our trainings is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisations purpose, values and frameworks. To discuss how we can work together to deliver Neurodiversity training within your organisation contact us at [email protected] or 0207 803 0689.
Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options;