Managing Diverse Teams
The modern workplace is rich in diversity, whether it is visible or not: ethnic, gender, cultural, religious and age differences abound, as well as differences in social background, education, personality and experience. When well-managed, we know these differences create innovative and productive workplaces and are the foundations of truly inclusive organisations.
Managing Diverse Teams: Why You Need Them
When well-managed, we know the differences that make us who we are create innovative and productive workplaces and are the foundations of truly inclusive organisations. Team members feeling safe to take risks without fear of blame and be vulnerable in front of each other is one of the most important factors in determining the success and performance of teams, which is why it is important it is for managers to feel able to manage with confidence and facilitate the right environment for success and inclusion.
We understand that leading and managing diverse teams can be challenging and have designed our training to equip managers with the skills and understanding needed to create positive and inclusive environments and cultures.
Managing Diverse Teams: What You Will Learn
We will explore the managers role in creating an inclusive environment and equip you with the confidence, skills and practical knowledge to create cohesive and productive teams for long-term success, exploring:
- A refresher of basic concepts, including equality, diversity and inclusion, and the key principles of the legislation;
- Topic-based learning on some of the less familiar areas of difference and key considerations for example: trans, introverts and extroverts, social class;
- How to confidently respond to the range of challenges that arise when managing diverse teams;
- Dealing with conflict;
- Listening to different and challenging perspectives;
- The managers role in respect of promoting an inclusive workplace and culture;
- The employee lifecycle and key points in the journey where issues might arise and the managers’ role within this;
- Case study discussions to practice manager responses to some complex but realistic issues;
- Action planning.
Managing Diverse Teams: Who Will Benefit
- Diversity and Inclusion professionals
- Line Managers
- Anyone looking to move into management
- HR professionals
Managing Diverse Teams: What is Our Approach?
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure audience/delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our training is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisations purpose, values and frameworks. To discuss how we can work together to deliver Managing Diverse Teams training within your organisation contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0207 803 0689.
Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options.