All evidence proves that organisations focused on building a more inclusive culture attract and retain a wider diversity of talent. The inclusive culture then empowers diverse talent to think differently and share their experiences and perspectives, which in turn is a key driver for innovation, development and engagement.
Inclusive Recruitment: Why You Need It
It is essential that your recruitment approach is inclusive. Full employment means that organisations, more than ever, are in a race for talent. Inclusive recruitment minimises barriers and presents your organisation as inclusive and welcoming, enabling you to attract anyone with the right skill set, regardless of difference. Our learning and development programmes focus on the touch points in the recruitment process that are barriers to inclusion and diversity.
Inclusive Recruitment: What You Will Learn
We offer a range of content within this field which we will adapt to meet your specific needs. Whether it is general awareness raising or targeting a specific issue we will design the training around your own recruitment process to maximise the impact of learning. The mix of content will be drawn from the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the legal framework (discrimination), risk and responsibility;
- Know the business and performance opportunity of diverse workforces working in inclusive cultures;
- Learn the theory and impact of unconscious bias, evidence of biased decision making;
- Explore bias trigger points in the recruitment process (stage by stage, from attraction through to induction) , personal and systemic and evidenced based and practical approaches to mitigate these;
- Review messaging from websites, impact of gendered language, data and drop off points;
- Understand positive action and tie break clauses (sections 158 and 159 of the Equality Act) and how to apply these opportunities;
- Develop an action plan maximise the opportunities to recruit diverse talent and minimise the risk of barriers to particular groups.
Inclusive Recruitment: Who Will Benefit
- Hiring managers
- Recruitment teams
- Communications teams
Inclusive Recruitment: What Is Our Approach
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our training is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisation’s purpose, values and frameworks.
Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options;
- Drama-based learning; creating live action in your organisation giving you the opportunity to explore real scenarios and develop your understanding and skills.
To discuss how we can work together to deliver Introduction to Inclusion training within your organisation fill in our quick enquiry form.