All evidence proves that organisations focused on building a more inclusive culture attract and retain a wider diversity of talent. The inclusive culture then empowers diverse talent to think differently and share their experiences and perspectives, which in turn is a key driver for innovation, development and engagement.
Inclusive Recruitment: Why You Need It
It is essential that your recruitment approach is inclusive. Full employment means that organisations, more than ever, are in a race for talent. Inclusive recruitment minimises barriers and presents your organisation as inclusive and welcoming, enabling you to attract anyone with the right skill set, regardless of difference. Our learning and development programmes focus on the touch points in the recruitment process that are barriers to inclusion and diversity.
Inclusive Recruitment: What You Will Learn
We offer a range of content within this field which we will adapt to meet your specific needs. Whether it is general awareness raising or targeting a specific issue we will design the training around your own recruitment process to maximise the impact of learning. The mix of content will be drawn from the following learning outcomes:
- Understand the legal framework: discrimination and harassment, including definitions and caselaw, risk and responsibility;
- The impact of effect over intent;
- Why it remains important to have fun at work – it improves performance! – but knowing where to draw the line on banter;
- Strategies to call out rather than standby: challenge or report unacceptable behaviour and what support is available from within your organisation to enable this;
- Managers guidance on dealing with subtle behaviours before they escalate, through to more overt and obvious problems in the moment, and within policy.
Inclusive Recruitment: Who Will Benefit
- Hiring managers
- Recruitment teams
- Communications teams
Inclusive Recruitment: What Is Our Approach
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our trainings is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisations purpose, values and frameworks. To discuss how we can work together to deliver Introduction to Inclusion training within your organisation contact us at [email protected] or 0207 803 0689. Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options;
- Drama-based learning; creating live action in your organisation giving you the opportunity to explore real scenarios and develop your understanding and skills.