Dyslexia effects approximately 1 in 10 people in the UK. Despite how common it is there is little education and understanding of it within the workplace. In society it is often portrayed as a deficiency, a lack of ability to read, write or spell.
Dyslexia – A Strengths-Based Approach: Why You Need it
In this workshop Inclusive Employers dispel the myths, understand what it’s really like to be dyslexic and how we, as employers, can use the strengths of our dyslexia colleagues to benefits organisations and individuals.
Dyslexia – A Strengths-Based Approach: What You Will Learn
We offer a range of content within this field which we will adapt to meet your specific needs. The mix of content will be drawn from the following learning outcomes:
- What the word dyslexia means;
- What is different about the dyslexic brain;
- The common strengths and challenges of a dyslexic person;
- What reasonable adjustments can be made to support dyslexic people at work;
- How to harness the talents of dyslexic colleagues by thinking differently about dyslexia.
Dyslexia – A Strengths-Based Approach: Who Will Benefit
Inclusive Employers, Dyslexia – A Strengths Based Approach training benefits everyone. It is particularly helpful for those managing a colleague with dyslexia and for HR and D&I professionals to evaluate the organisation’s inclusivity of dyslexic people.
Dyslexia – A Strengths-Based Approach: What is Our Approach
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure audience/delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our training is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisation’s purpose, values and frameworks. To discuss how we can work together to deliver Dyslexia – A Strengths-Based Approach training within your organisation fill in our quick enquiry form.
Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options;