We all have unconscious bias. It’s the bias we’re unaware of, it happens outside of our conscious control. Unconscious bias is triggered by our brain making quick judgements and assessments that are influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.
Unconscious Bias: What You Will Learn
Our Unconscious Bias training uses research, case law and real-life examples to improve, promote and understand inclusive practices. Key learning points on this training include:
- Understanding the psychology and evidence for unconscious bias as a concept;
- Recognising how unconscious bias can affect performance, outcomes, processes, technology and fair decision making;
- Understanding the impact of bias in our everyday working environments;
- How our own lived experiences and unique perspectives can dramatically influence our decision making;
- Creating our own practical strategies and actions to manage or mitigate the impact of bias.
Unconscious Bias: Who Will Benefit
Inclusive Employers Unconscious Bias training is for all employees and organisations that are ready to learn and are committed to making inclusion an everyday reality. Specific roles that will benefit include:
- HR professionals;
- Network Group members;
- Diversity and Inclusion Champions.
Unconscious Bias: What is Our Approach
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure audience/delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our training is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisation’s purpose, values and frameworks. Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options;
- Drama-based learning: creating live action in your organisation giving you the opportunity to explore real scenarios and develop your understanding and skills.
To discuss how we can work together to deliver Unconscious Bias training within your organisation fill in our quick enquiry form. We’d love to hear from you.