Equality Impact Assessment
Equality Impact Assessment is a fundamental approach that helps ensure processes, schemes or changes within your organisation are maximising the opportunity to promote inclusion and not inadvertently disadvantaging or excluding certain groups.
Equality Impact Assessment: Why You Need it
Equality Impact Assessment is a fundamental approach that helps ensure processes, schemes or changes within your organisation are maximising the opportunity to promote inclusion and not inadvertently disadvantaging or excluding certain groups. It can often be viewed as an overly bureaucratic tick box exercise that adds minimal value, but if conducted properly and proportionately, Equality Impact Assessment adds value by helping you to better meet the needs of customers and colleagues across the board, avoiding costly mistakes and revisions.
Equality Impact Assessment: What You Will Learn
Inclusive Employers training will enable you to understand the importance of Equality Impact Assessment: how it can enhance your work; increase performance and capacity for innovation; and most importantly customer satisfaction. We will cover the basics of Equality Impact Assessment and equip you with practical tools to develop and utilise an Equality Impact Assessment mindset, so you feel confident to apply this to the different stages of decision making. We will explore:
- What we mean by Equality Impact Assessment and its benefits;
- How Equality Impact Assessment relates to the Equality Act 2010;
- The key elements of the ‘Equality Impact Assessment mindset’ and when, where and how this should be applied; Equality Impact Assessment:
- Best practice and tips on how to conduct an Equality Impact Assessment;
- Practical experience of conducting the different stages of an Equality Impact Assessment;
- Ideas on how best to embed an Equality Impact Assessment approach within your organisation to encourage all staff to be involved so that key decisions receive sufficient attention.
Equality Impact Assessment: Who Will Benefit?
- Policy writers and developers
- Project leads
- Managers leading change at any level, where there is an impact on staff, customers, the public or visitors
- Diversity and inclusion professionals
- HR colleagues
Equality Impact Assessment: What is Our Approach?
A fun, engaging and thoughtful approach underpins all Inclusive Employers training and we ensure audience/delegate appropriate HR policy, legal and caselaw touchpoints are included. We focus on behaviour change and our training is packed with tips, techniques and practical take-aways.
Our focus is on developing training that is hard wired to your organisations purpose, values and frameworks. To discuss how we can work together to deliver Equality Impact Assessment training within your organisation contact us at [email protected] or 0207 803 0689.
Some examples of learning approaches for this topic are listed below and visit our digital and face-to-face training approach pages for more details. We’re looking forward to working with you.
- Digital: eLearning modules, webinars, virtual learning space – at your own pace and time;
- Face-to-face: learning bursts to suit your schedules, half and full day training are some options;