Disability Pride Month 2022 webinar package
Celebrate Disability Pride Month, recognised in July 2022, across your whole organisation with our in-house webinars.
Adding to our portfolio of informative and engaging in-house packages, we have designed a suite for Disability Pride Month to create interest, highlight voices and raise awareness that can be delivered in-house, individually, or as a package, by our expert consultant team.
What is the Disability Pride Month webinar package?
Disability Pride Month is celebrated annually in July and originated in Boston, in the US, in 1990, to coincide with the Americans with Disabilities Act, passed on the 26 July 1990, which prevents discrimination based on disability.
Since then, Disability Pride Month has grown in popularity and is now celebrated across many cities annually around the globe.
Disability Pride Month is necessary because ableism is still a huge issue in society today and we’ve a long way to go.
Celebrating Disability Pride Month means we combat ableism through celebrating disabled activism, disabled people’s achievements, honouring the progress and resilience of the disabled community and remembering those who are no longer with us, while building a better future for disabled youth.
We hope to share and demonstrate some of that activism in our webinars to better understand and support disabled colleagues and champion allyship within the workplace.
These webinars could be delivered during Disability Pride Month, or you could keep the conversation going within your organisation and schedule the webinars over a number of months – we can be flexible and are open to discuss your specific requirements.
What to expect:
Format: Webinars with interaction on Zoom polls, Chat Box, Slido and Mentimeter
Platform: Zoom, Teams, or your preferred platform
Number of attendees: Maximum of 300. We can also record webinars so you can make them available to colleagues who were not able to attend.
Length of individual webinars: 1 hour
What content will there be on the webinars?
Learn more on what content will be included on our Disability Pride Month webinars below.
1) Introduction to disability
We will explore:
- Language and terminology around disability and impairments
- The medical and social models of disability
- Structural, environmental and team considerations for supporting disability inclusion
- True disability allyship – a look at what we can do to encourage, champion and foster inclusion in the workplace
2) Supporting disabled people in the workplace
We will explore:
- What types of support a disabled employee may need
- The legal requirements of Reasonable Adjustments including what is ‘reasonable’
- How to implement support and adjustments
- Where organisations can get external support when required
NB: This webinar is aimed at line managers, HR managers and diversity and inclusion professionals to equip them in making disability inclusion a reality.
3) The activists challenging ableism
We will explore:
- Why do we need disability activism?
- Current campaigns
- Activists you should pay attention to
- What changes we can expect to see in the near future and what their impact might be
4) Neurodiversity in the workplace
We will explore:
- What is neurodiversity – definitions and language
- How neurodivergent employees might be impacted in organisations
- What people and organisations can do to be more inclusive of neurodiversity
5) Supporting parents and carers of disabled people in the workplace
What we will learn:
- Gain a deeper understanding about the context of caring in the UK
- Learn about the impact that caring can have on individuals both in and out of the workplace
- Discuss considerations which should be given and support that can be offered to colleagues who are carers
6) Understanding sensory disabilities
We will explore
- What sensory disabilities are, what is included under the umbrella of ‘sensory disability’ and a look at terminology
- The medical vs the social model of disability and the impacts/outcomes of these models on disabled individuals in society
- Challenges and barriers a sensory disability can present in the workplace or in a working environment
- What sensory disability inclusion looks like in the workplace through accommodations and allyship
- How to start inclusive conversations about a sensory disability to ensure that you understand needs and can support those needs through action.
To download more information on our Disability Pride Month webinar package, click the link below.
Disability Pride Month webinar package costings
|Members price excl VAT||Non-members price excl VAT|
|Individual webinar, including design, delivery and recording||£750||£800|
|Package of 2 webinars||£1,500 (£750 per webinar)||£1600 (£800 per webinar)|
|Package of 3 webinars||£1,950 (£650 per webinar)||£2,100 (£700 per webinar)|
|Package of 4 webinars||£2,600 (£650 per webinar)||£2,800 (£700 per webinar)|
|Package of 5 webinars||£3,250 (£650 per webinar)||£3,500 (£700 per webinar)|
|Package of 6 webinars||£3,300 (£550 per webinar)||£3,600 (£600 per webinar)|
How to book your Disability Pride Month session(s)
Members, please speak to your account manager.
Non-members, please get in touch here for more information.
How else to get involved
Many organisations have found that following awareness-raising activity, colleagues to want to progress the conversation internally and benefit from having a safe place to talk and share experiences.
Inclusive Employers can help facilitate this through our Listening Circles. If you are interested in this and are a member please speak to your account manager or get in touch.