Putting a Stop to Micro-aggressions and Banter
February 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
We know that it is the subtle forms of exclusion which are the most insidious and which can be the most destructive when we are seeking to build inclusive cultures.
Micro-aggressions and exclusionary behaviours such as banter prevent us from creating workplaces that feel safe and where people can contribute ideas that are fresh and different and which may lead to innovation. They also reduce our sense of belonging and consequently our performance.
In this session we will explore the nature of micro-aggressions and banter in the workplace, their impact and how we can tackle these from an organisational perspective.
What you will learn
- What we mean by ‘micro-aggressions’ and ‘banter’
- Evidence of the impact of these behaviours on workplace culture and performance
- The conditions that enable these behaviours to thrive at work, and consequently
- How to address these behaviours from an organisational perspective
Who is this for
- Inclusion and Diversity managers
- HR professionals
- Culture Change leaders
- Network leads
- Colleagues thinking differently about inclusion and diversity
Book Your Place
- Inclusive Employers Members can dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free. Please email [email protected] for the registration link to book your place/s.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars (per webinar) for £89 + VAT. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at 10% discount on this price.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email [email protected] to enquire
If you have any questions about this event contact [email protected]