Being Anti-racist: From conversation to action
March 30 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Being Anti-racist takes courage and action. It is about visibly challenging discrimination and engaging in conversations that will lead to action and change. This webinar will focus on how to move your antiracist efforts from conversation to action. With a focus on the workspace, we will look at what Anti-racism looks, sounds and feels like in practice, and explore actions that organisations and individuals can take to become antiracist.
What you will learn
- Creating safe spaces: what it takes to create a safe space where conversations and action can happen.
- Addressing language and understanding microaggressions – understanding what race-related microaggressions are and how they have an impact on individuals and culture. We will explore practical ways to challenge microaggressions.
- Unconscious bias: examples of how biases create barriers for ethnic minority groups at work, and what can be done at individual and team level to help mitigate these.
- Anti-racist allyship: understanding individual accountability and identifying key actions to actively contribute to change.
Who is this for?
- HR Business Partners
- I&D Specialists
- L&D Leads
- Anyone interested in understanding and expanding inclusion
Book Your Place
- Inclusive Employers Members can dial in to all webinars, accessing up to five places per member, per webinar, for free. Please email [email protected] for the registration link to book your place/s.
- Non-members can book onto these webinars (per webinar) for £89 + VAT. Members can purchase extra places, on top of the five free already allocated, at 10% discount on this price.
- Alternatively, members and non-members can also buy an in-house package for up to 300 people per webinar, to be run whenever you like. Email [email protected] to enquire
If you have any questions about this event contact [email protected]